Kristina's Version of Cincinnati Chili


Sorry I'm late with this one. Anyway, around here it isn't called Cincinnati chili, in fact if I called it that people would give me very strange looks. Here, in my home, it is called Chocolate Chili. An old friend gave me this recipe once, but I lost it so I have to make it from memory every time.









2 lbs ground beef or turkey
30 oz canned kidney beans
15 oz chicken broth
30 oz tomato puree
1 1/2 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp cinnomon
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp cardamom
1 c semi-sweet chocolate (yes, I use 1 entire cup)
1 med onion, diced
1 lb pasta

Brown the meat and drain fat out. In large pot add the meat, beans, broth, onion, spices, and half the chocolate, cover pot, and cook on medium-high heat for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add other half of chocolate and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until chili is the consistency that you prefer.

Cook pasta according to package directions.

Directions for eating:

Place pasta on plate or bowl, top with chili, add sour cream, shredded cheese, and red onion (if desired). Eat, enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Chinese Buffet at home!

Worldliness & Respectable Sins