Chicken and Avocado Salad

I'm not sure where I got this recipe. I think it may have been in a Walgreens flyer or something. At any rate it was quite good. See below for my subsitutions.

3 tbsp evoo
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 tsp salt
1 chopped head romaine lettuce
2 diced medium tomatoes
1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, & sliced
1 lb cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
salt & black pepper to taste

Whisk together oil, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper into a small bowl.

Combine lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumber in a large bowl. Toss with half the dressing and season to taste with salt & pepper.

Toss chicken with 1 tbsp of remaining dressing, add to salad. Top with avocado & more dressing.

** Notes: I didn't have a cucumber or cilantro in the house so I skipped the cucumber and replaced the cilantro with a basil & oregano mixture. I also used lemon juice in place of the lime juice and I grilled the chicken.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Chinese Buffet at home!

Worldliness & Respectable Sins