Green Tomato BLT

Back in April I went to Nashville and while I was there I had a great meal at Loveless Cafe. Well, I've dug up a recipe for the BLT I had. Enjoy, I know I did.


3 to 4 slices of green tomato
Salt
Black Pepper
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup canola oil
3 to 4 thick bacon strips (cooked)
2 to 3 lettuce leaves
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 slices toasted wheat berry bread

Season sliced tomatoes with salt & pepper and dredge in cornmeal.
Heat the canola oil in a skillet. Fry the tomatoes until crisp and golden brown on both sides.
Spread the mayo on the wheat bread. Add lettuce on both sides of the bread. Add the fried green tomatoes and bacon.
Build the sandwich and cut in half.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Worldliness & Respectable Sins

Chinese Buffet at home!