Shirts for Limbs

I may have posted this before, but I can't remember. Shirts for Limbs is a site that was set up to help raise money to by Tarver a prosthetic leg.

Limbs are expensive and insurance companies are allowed to cap the amount that they will pay towards prosthetics. We are attempting to raise $40,000 to purchase a leg. Because prosthetic companies do not finance the cost for limbs they require the amputee to pay up front by whatever means necessary. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. I am not expecting anyone to give a large sum of money. What I am doing is sending out a shirt as a thank you for any donation of $25 or more that says "This Shirt Bought Tarver A Leg." We're in the process of setting up a non-profit organization to help other amputees buy their prosthetics after I've raised enough to buy my own (we're told the process can take up to a year.)


I'd encourage you to go to the site and read more about his story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Chinese Buffet at home!

Worldliness & Respectable Sins