BibleTime First Impressions

I recently migrated from Windows to an exclusively Ubuntu operating system, and the only software/ capability that I missed from Windows was E-Sword - great program, by the way. After doing some reading I found a way to install E-Sword on Linux, but so far it isn't working properly. It installed, starts up, but there is absolutely no content when it does. Weird. Anyway, I've been pretty spoiled by E-Sword so I was a little weary of trying a new program out but I wanted to get something working so I installed BibleTime.

First impressions? I love that they have all the dictionaries, various translations, books, devotionals, ect built into the installer. LOVE it. I just had to click on various items in a list and they installed for me. So far the program's layout seems less customizable than E-Sword, but that is ok because the default layout is a mirror image of how I had E-Sword set up. BibleTime comes with Strongs numbers, but unlike E-Sword the numbers aren't thrown into the text in the main screen. I actually kind of hated that about E-Sword and always downloaded a regular Bible so that I wouldn't have to look at the numbers unless I wanted to. In BibleTime they aren't in the text, but you still have easy access to them via a small window to the left. As you click on individual words in the text the other window updates to give you the Strongs number and definition. NICE.

The main thing that annoys me about BibleTime, and there may be a way to change this that I haven't found yet, is that you can't click on individual books of the Bible. You can type in what you're looking for, or you can arrow up/ down to the book, chapter, and verse that you want. It is a little time consuming, and if you know a way to change this please let me know! I'm still getting used to it, but I think it will be a fine substitue if I can't figure out what's up with E-Sword.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Chinese Buffet at home!

Worldliness & Respectable Sins