Christ wasn't omniscient?

I mentioned to a friend that he might be interested in listening to the Together for the Gospel downloads and he mentioned that he likes MacArthur but thinks it is ridiculous that MacArthur thinks Jesus was omniscient. I asked why and here's what he gave me:

Matthew 24:36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone."

Mark 5:30 "Immediately Jesus, perceiving in Himself that power from Him had gone forth, turned around in the crowd and said, "Who touched My garments?"

Either Jesus wasn't omniscient, or Scripture was playing us for fools!


I honestly don't remember ever really thinking about this so I'm in the middle of a study, but I'd love some input from anyone that reads this. Resources you can point me to, verses, etc. Thanks.

**edit** I have no doubt He was before & after His incarnation, I'm just curious as to the incarnation itself.

**edit 2** I think MacArthur's explanation is probably the best one I've seen, my friend and I continue to differ as he insists that Christ was never omniscient.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Worldliness & Respectable Sins

Chinese Buffet at home!