Garlic Crab Legs

The local grocery had 1.5 pounds of snow crab legs on sale recently for just under $10 so I picked up some and threw them in my freezer until I successfully located a recipe that seemed interesting. Crab is nice, but just having some lemon and butter gets a bit boring so I was looking for a twist. I found that twist over at AllRecipes. As excited as I was about this recipe it didn't turn out well. If I had thought about it ahead of time I would have removed the meat from the shells and just put it in the butter mixture that way. Sadly, I did not think ahead and the way the recipe calls for the legs to be cooked didn't allow the crab to absorb any of the flavor and made the shells incredibly difficult to remove.

Obviously since the crab had already been cooked I just had to thaw it and then add it to the garlic mixture once the corn was cooked.


3 1/2 pounds Alaskan king crab legs with shell
6 ears fresh corn
1 1/2 cups butter
3 teaspoons minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM, or to taste



In a very large stock pot, bring a large amount of water to boil. Place crab legs and corn in the pot of boiling water. Boil until the corn is tender, and the crab legs are opaque and flaky. The crab may finish cooking before the corn, check the corn and crab every 5 minutes to see if they are finished cooking. When finished cooking, drain well. Cut a slit into each of the crab leg shells to make it easier for your guests to get to the meat.

In a large saucepan, melt butter or margarine, garlic, red pepper, and Old Bay ™ seasoning. Stir in the crab and corn, and saute them for 5 to 10 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Chinese Buffet at home!

Worldliness & Respectable Sins