Explaining death to a 5 year old

My kids' great grandfather passed away late Sunday night; despite his many health problems he was actually quite young. I'm about to try and explain this to my son, but I feel completely inadequate for the job. I can offer him no assurance that his Grandpa Don in heaven as I honestly do not know that is where he is. He may have repented before his death and been embraced by the Savior, but I have no way of knowing. It makes me sad, and at the same time I feel honored that Christ chose to save me. I suppose the only thing I can do is to turn my son's eyes toward the Savior, to encourage him to seek after the only One that can save, and to praise God that no matter where Grandpa Don ended up the Lord is glorified.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Worldliness & Respectable Sins

Chinese Buffet at home!