A Reading Meme

I'm stealing this Meme from Kim.

1. Do you remember how you developed a love of reading? I'm not really sure. My earliest memories of reading involved Dr. Seuss, I remember when we'd go to the library at school I was always very excited. Things just developed from there.

2. What are some books you loved as a child? Dr. Seuss books, then R.L. Stine and Christopher Pike and the Nancy Drew novels, then Shakespeare and Poe in middle school.

3. What is your favorite genre? Non-fiction. I like reading biographies, books about church history, and basically anything that will help me grow in godliness.

4. Do you have a favorite novel? If I had to have one I'd probably say Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I'm not a huge fiction buff anymore.

5. When/where do you usually read? In bed or at work when we don't have anything to do.

6. Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time? Yes.

7. Do you read non-fiction in a different way or place than you read fiction? I tend to interact with non-fiction more. I think about it more, I underline what stands out to me and write in the margins various thoughts I have.

8. Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library? I tend to borrow them from work b/c I'm cheap. This, of course, means I can't write in them. Sometimes I intend to only borrow it, but it is so good that I end up buying it.

9. Do you keep most of the books you buy? Yes.

10. If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them? My kids have just begun to get into Dr. Seuss. I gave my son the copy of Green Eggs and Ham I had when I was little. There are books I intend to give them & read with them when they get older...The Mark of a Man and Let Me Be a Woman by Elizabeth Elliot and Pilgrims Progress, for instance.

11. What are you reading now? The Enemy Within by Kris Lundgaard

12. Do you keep a To Be Read list? Not really. I have a list of books in my head that I'd like to read, but I don't work through it in any particular order.

13. What's next? Probably Overcoming Sin and Temptation by John Owen.

14. What books would you like to reread? Pilgrims Progress, my collection of Jonathan Edwards works.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Chinese Buffet at home!

Worldliness & Respectable Sins