Thankful & Bible stuff

There are a number of people who do Thankful November posts, and I'm officially joining their ranks. I've had a rather dry month or so spiritually, and I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that I'm not reflecting on God's goodness in my life as much as I should be. So in an effort to be more intentional about this I'm going to be blogging daily for the remainder of November (at least) with things God has done/ is doing in my life that I am thankful for. If I don't post, yell at me.

Day One

1. I'm thankful for coffee. I'm serious! I'm pretty much always tired, and unfortunately at this point in my life I don't have time for a nap, so coffee has become a staple in my diet. In fact, I'm drinking a cup as I type this!

2. I'm thankful for the fact that my Sunday school class is currently working though John Piper's "When I Don't Desire God." I've only managed to be for two of the sessions between my kids being sick and having to work the nursery, but I've been challenged and plan on re-reading this book.

2b. This past Sunday was one of the two sessions I was actually able to attend and in it Pastor Bryan mentioned Psalm 63, so on Monday I read through Psalm 63, 64, 65, & 66. During that I came across this:

Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodnes of thy house, even of thy holy temple. (Psalm 65:4)

Which reminded me of God's kindness and patience toward me. I'm thankful for God sending me reminders that He has started a work & will complete it. I long to be satisfied in Him, and I know that probably isn't going to happen if I don't work for it by His grace.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Chinese Buffet at home!

Worldliness & Respectable Sins