Thanksgiving on the swings

Today my kids and I played at the park after school - we haven't done that in a couple months, so it was a nice treat for all involved - and while we were there my almost 7 year old and I sat on the swings for most of the time. After running through the normal "what'd you do today" conversation I mentioned that next week he only has school for two days. The little girl next to him pipes up and says "that's because it is Thanksgiving!" before running off to play with her friends.

I asked my son what he was thankful for and the first thing out of his mouth was, "I'm thankful for you, Mom." Go ahead, say it with me, "Aww, he's so cute." After that though he told me he was thankful for "everything," the swing he was playing on, the pizza he had for lunch, the whole world. Then he told me he wanted to go to Africa and visit the "Indians" - I can only suppose he means the tribal communities. So very out of the blue, but there it is.

As we walked home we talked about the different plants we encountered and how God created them. I can't remember the last time I stopped to inspect a rose bush's thorns and why God chose to put them there, it was a good walk. So, today, I'm thankful for the swing conversations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Chinese Buffet at home!

Worldliness & Respectable Sins