A Scrooge Transformed

You know, when I decided to start enjoying Christmas I really didn't expect it to be a huge change. Honestly, I didn't. I knew thought things might be a bit different, but I wasn't expecting a whole lot out of it. I guess that's me thinking God doesn't do big things, I guess that was me (unknowingly) believing a lie.

It started small, when I'd hear "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" for the 100th time that day I just wanted to be able to grin and bare it while out in public. Now, I'm not saying I like hearing it - or anything - 100 times a day (and I swear, I doubt that's much of an exaggeration) but I'm honestly not just gritting my teeth trying not to complain anymore.

Confession time? I've been having a bad few months, spiritually. Not gonna go into detail other than to say I've been struggling not struggling as much as I should be with certain areas of sin in my life. I've had these moments where I know God breaks through and I can see how these things are hardening my heart in some way, and if you want to know the truth there is part of me that thinks it would be easier to just give in. To just not fight.

But you know something? I know that's a lie. I've been on the other side of this battle, I've been in a place where you don't do battle with sin in your life. And it isn't easier. It is heart wrenchingly depressing.

And you know something else? You know how God promises in Scripture to never leave us? That He will deliver us from our bondage? From our sin? I know that's true. Over the past few months, and especially in the past 2.5 weeks, I've seen His unyielding faithfulness to me - to an ungrateful wretch - and I've seen Him stir my heart for others. I've seen Him move in my heart in ways I'd never expected Him to this side of glory...and I pray others would begin to see that as well, and that they would glorify Him for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Worldliness & Respectable Sins

Chinese Buffet at home!