Adventures in the kitchen: Day 1

As promised, here is my first experiment! I wanted eggs for lunch (I had cookies for breakfast) so I decided to attempt making hash browns for the first time and decided to dress it up a bit by adding cheese & onions. I started off by dicing 1/4 of an onion I had sitting in my fridge and adding it to a hot skillet with a tablespoon of butter. I cooked the onion till they just started to brown - about 3 minutes.

Meanwhile I got my handy IKEA cheese grater* out and shredded a small potato over it. I tossed that into the skillet and mixed up the contents and let it cook for about 5 minutes before adding a handful of shredded cheese to it.

Results

Honestly? It was pretty ugly looking. Not golden brown like I'm used to, but it tasted great! Next time I think I'd use 1/8 of a onion or a larger potato, I'd also let the onion cook a few minutes longer. Other than that it was great. Went great with the eggs. I'm pretty happy about it.

Next experiment will be posted tomorrow!

*I've never actually used my grater to grate cheese. I did, however, use it to grate chocolate over my oatmeal last week. I know. I'm healthy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Chinese Buffet at home!

Worldliness & Respectable Sins