Back in 1994 - the time of the pilgrims

Ok, since I'm the awesome mother that I am, I occasionally am too lazy to tell my children a bed time story have my kids make up their own stories in order to encourage their imaginations and communicative skills. Tonight my almost 8 year old was in charge of the story. Here is my transcription of it, as best as I can manage from memory, minus all the "Um"s.

Once there was a boy named William, and he lived in a village in Massachusetts. And while he was there he made two friends, Michael and Andrew. They lived in a tent made out of sticks way back during the time of the pilgrims - in 1994. Then in 1995 he got a book and started studying how to write with a feather pen. Then in 1996 he sailed across the sea to Wisconsin and built a new tent out of sticks and twine, but this one was bigger than the last tent. It had 3 bedrooms, and 5 doors - two of them were for exits - and 2 backyards. The end.

I'm not gonna lie, I think I was distracting the kids with how hard I was laughing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Worldliness & Respectable Sins

Chinese Buffet at home!