Welcome Non-American Visitors

No, this doesn't have anything to do with food. Yes, I'm breaking the rules by not sticking to my niche. And no, I don't care.

With my last blog I had a fair amount of visitors reading from time to time (I don't know for sure since I removed all my traffic tracking things long before shutting the blog down) but most of them were from the US with Canada sprinkled in occasionally. That's pretty much to be expected since I am from the US and those silly Canadians (or Americans living in Canada) are just a hop, skip, and jump away.

With this blog I didn't have a problem having a counter and I've been able to watch where my traffic is coming from. I'm getting leads off of Google, I'm getting hits from that little blogger bar that is at the top of blogger blogs (can we say blog?!), and occasional hits from a Thirsty Theologian (thanks!), but what I find most interesting is the fact that probably 1/4 to 1/2 of the people coming to my blog are not from the continental US. Not even from England! I'm getting people from Holland and from China and from India. How unbelievably cool is that?! I wonder if I seem like as big a spaz in another country as I do here?

Anyway, this is my official welcome to everyone and anyone, but especially to the people across that big thing of water we call the ocean. One final thing since I have you captive (we'll ignore the fact that you can click away at any moment and pretend I actually have your undivided attention, ok?). I hope you find the recipes helpful but even more than that I'd like to take this opportunity to direct you to some other wonderful (non-food) blogs that have been a source of great encouragement to me and have helped turn my eyes heavenward when all I want to do is focus on the struggles directly in front of me.

And so, without any further adu, my list of God honoring, Kristina encouraging blogs:

Carla's Reflections
Kim's Upward Call
Amy's Musings
Doug's Coffee Swirls
David The Thirsty Theologian

And there you have the short list. There are plenty more wonderful blogs out there that don't relate to food (though you'll occasionally get recipes from some of those blogs) and I'd encourage you to check them out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Chinese Buffet at home!

Worldliness & Respectable Sins