Berbéré Roasted Chicken

I got this from Love and Olive Oil who got it from Under the High Chair and it sounded so delicious that I ran out to the grocery store and picked up the needed spice. I ended up using four boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken. I think it worked out pretty well. Oh, and if you have an ALDI near you, you can get a bag of chicken breasts for around $5. Not a bad deal - and the bags usually last me 3-5 meals depending on if I have people over or not.

4 garlic cloves, chopped
3 Tablespoons Berbéré, ground
1 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 whole chicken, 3-4 lbs, or two plump Cornish hens
4 onions

Preheat the oven to 375F.

Mix together the berbéré, garlic, butter, lemon juice, and salt. Cut the chicken into its various parts and brush with spice mixture.

Peel onions and slice into thick slices. Place the onions on the bottom of a roasted pan and arrange chicken pieces on top.

Roast for about 1 hour. Baste occasionally with cooking juices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Chinese Buffet at home!

Worldliness & Respectable Sins