The Life of David Brainerd by Jonathan Edwards

Forever ago I downloaded (for free!) this audio book, I'm just now getting around to listening to it. It has been interesting, encouraging, and challenging. Sadly, it isn't free anymore but if you get around to it I'd suggest reading/ listening to this book. And now some quotes of David Brainerd's from before his salvation:

But the truth was I could see no safety in owning myself in the hands of a sovereign God and could lay no claim to anything better than damnation...For all I could do would amount to nothing...The more I did in prayer or any other duty the more I saw that I was indebted to God for allowing me to ask for mercy.
(quotes fall between 33 & 36 minutes)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Worldliness & Respectable Sins

Chinese Buffet at home!