My Vegan Chocolate Cake Experiment

As promised, here is the recipe I ended up making. The texture wasn't great, I ended up not being able to flip the cake onto a cookie sheet so I could decorate it properly, I'm not sure why. It still tasted pretty good, it was nice and moist - I was just disappointed that it wasn't going to stay together very well but that has to do with the fact that this recipe also doesn't have eggs in it. No milk, no eggs - and it is still considered a cake! I'd say 3.5 out of 5 stars. Anyway, I might try this in cupcake form next time. Here is the link to this recipe and more - I think the Applesauce Spice Cake sounds really interesting.

1-1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup cold water (or ice coffee)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp vinegar

Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Use a small brownie-size pan (no greasing required). Mix all the dry ingredients right in pan. Mix all the wet ingredients in separate bowl except the vinegar (important!). Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until all dry ingredients are mixed. Add the vinegar quickly and stir in — immediately put the pan in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 min. Cool thoroughly.

Optional: after you add the vinegar, you can put some frozen cherries, raspberries or cranberries on top of the batter (or you can mix them in beforehand)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Worldliness & Respectable Sins

Chinese Buffet at home!