Apple Fritters? Yes please!

I have a recipe that I occasionally use to make corn fritters. It never occured to me to try fruit in the recipe until now! OH YUM. See below for my alterations.


1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
pinch salt
2 tablespoons sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
melted oil for deep-fat frying
fresh fruit: 2 bananas, thickly sliced OR 3-4 apples, cored and thickly sliced OR 12 thin slices fresh pineapple OR 3-4 peaches, thickly sliced OR 2 large pears, thickly sliced

Mix all ingredients except oil and fruit, to make a batter thick enough to coat the fruit. Blend until smooth, but do not overbeat. Drop pieces of fruit into the batter, letting excess drain off slightly. Deep fry at 375ƒ until batter is well-browned and fruit is tender when pierced with fork. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle lightly with confectioner's sugar.

ALTERATIONS
Rather than 1/2 c of two kinds of flour I just used 1 c of regular all purpose flour. I also added a few tablespoons of water to thin out the batter. I also used olive oil for the frying. Apples were today. I plan on trying this with bananas in the future. I didn't bother with the confection sugar - they're great without it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Chinese Buffet at home!

Worldliness & Respectable Sins