Resurrection Sunday

I'm going to be starting more "formal" discussions with the kids about the crucifixion and resurrection today as we lead up to Easter/ Resurrection Sunday...not to say we don't talk about it, but they've been getting a lot of Easter bunny talk at school the past couple of days and we've got to deal with that distraction. So I'm going to have them help me make the Empty Tomb treats for part of the fun.

On a semi-unrelated note: I randomly switch between calling it Resurrection Sunday and Easter. I know some people who think it is dumb to call it anything but Easter and I know others who refuse to call it Easter because of some pagan ties to the name. Me? I try to call it Resurrection Sunday more than Easter simply because it shocks people into realizing (if only for a moment) that there is a reason we celebrate this holiday that has nothing to do with bunnies, candy, baby chicks, or spring. But I'm not a Nazi about it, though and sometimes I do call it Easter - I realize that on some level it probably doesn't matter what you call it as long as you acknowledge why we have a day set aside at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Worldliness & Respectable Sins

Chinese Buffet at home!