Worldliness & Respectable Sins

I got Respectable Sins with a gift card from Christmas. I purposefully didn't read it all in one sitting...or even in one week...like I normally do. I'd heard wonderful things about it and wanted to take my time in it. I am glad I did. Some parts were more challenging/ convicting than others for me, but I got something out of each and every chapter. I don't know that Jerry Bridges said anything I hadn't already heard, but somehow I feel like I was more apt to receive it as I've been becoming more aware of my tendency to tolerate certain sins in my life. This coupled with my church walking through C.J. Mahaney's book, Worldliness, has brought on even more self examination in light of Biblical standards - and that is a great thing.





Now that I'm done with that, what should I read?

Comments

  1. I don't know if you interested in Puritan readings, but I liked (so far...halfway through) The Crook in the Lot by Thomas Boston. It's still available in print. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susie. I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Chinese Buffet at home!