Steak with Mango-Peach Salsa

I got this puppy out of a Betty Crocker $1 cookbook from Target called "20-minute Meals;" apparently Rachel Ray needed to be beaten? Anyway, it was super easy and very yummy. The recipe is followed up by a couple quick notes.

1/4 c finely chopped red bell pepper
2 tsp finely chopped, seeded jalapeno chiles
1 tsp finely chopped or grated gingerroot OR 1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 c peach preserves
1 tbsp lime juice
1 small mango, cut lenthwise in half, pitted & chopped
4 boneless beef NY strip steaks
1-2 tsp Caribbean jerk seasoning*

In medium bowl, mix bell pepper, chiles & gingerroot. Stir in preserves, lime juice & mango.

Set oven control to broil. Sprinkle both sides of beef with jerk seasoning. Place on rack in broiler pan. Broil with tops 4-6 inches from heat 6-10 minutes, turning once, until desired doneness. Top with salsa & serve.

NOTES

*I didn't have this on hand so I just used my Kansas City Steak Seasoning. Still turned out fine.

Also, I don't broil. Ever. I threw my steaks on the grill instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Chinese Buffet at home!

Worldliness & Respectable Sins