School daze

W & J on the first day of schoolI haven't posted in almost a month, what a shock. Depending on where you live your children may have headed off to school for their first day today. My kiddies have been in school for almost 3 weeks already! When my son started kindergarten I wasn't super emotional, at that point Julianne had already been getting bused to her preschool for 8 months so William going off to school wasn't a big deal in a lot of ways. But now that he is in 2nd grade? Somehow that just seems like a huge deal. He's almost eight! When did he stop being my adorable baby? Wasn't that just yesterday?

J's transition to kindergarten has been good in a lot of ways, but still difficult for both of us. She's in a wonderful program with a very small class size specifically for kids with IEPs. The teacher and aid are lovely ladies, but still there is this twinge of sadness for both of us. She likes her new teachers and new school, but she still misses her teachers from the preschool a lot.

At least a few times a week she asks to go back to her old school and I have to lovingly remind her that she can't, that she's grown too much and has to go to the "big kid" school. It breaks my heart a little - she loves those teachers. They faithfully and lovingly poured into her for 2.5 years. They helped her learn and grow so much during that time and I'm so grateful that God put women like that in J's path. I sort of wish they could be like Mr. Feeney from Boy Meets World and just follow her each year through the school system. :P

There really isn't a point to this post, I'm just missing my babies today I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Chinese Buffet at home!

Worldliness & Respectable Sins