Homemade Latte

Who is a big coffee fan? Me. Starbucks (and even McDonalds) is too expensive for me to justify having coffee from them on a regular basis, so when I came across this latte recipe I thought I'd give it a shot. As usual I didn't actually measure anything, but since I've got a pretty good idea of what amounts look like cooking I was probably pretty close. Honestly? Very nice. If I'd gotten the milk a bit more frothy it'd be even better.

The recipe assumes a 16oz. mug (2 cups).

Start a double-strong batch of coffee. You only need about 3/4 of a cup.

While the coffee is brewing, heat 1-1/4 cups of milk until it is almost boiling. (I put mine in the microwave for 3 minutes.)

Depending on what equipment you have available, do the appropriate step to froth your milk:
If you have a milk frother, use it to froth the milk for about a minute.

If you have a blender, it will also do a good job frothing the milk. *
Otherwise, use an egg beater or a whisk to stir some air into the milk.
Pour coffee into the mug first, then pour the milk in, layering the foam on top.
Add vanilla extract and sugar to taste.

It's as easy as that. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla's Facebook Meme Blogged

Worldliness & Respectable Sins

Chinese Buffet at home!